Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cool Looking Pill Case Container for Medication: A Bipolar Patient's Opinion

Pill Shaped Case for Medication in Closed PositionMedication compliance (taking meds as directed) is typically a big challenge for those with bipolar disorder. Actually consistent behavior in general is not easy for us. Well, for me, I am pretty consistent with my addictions, nicotine gum and alcohol :/.Pill Shaped Medication Case in Open Position

To make remembering my meds a little easier, I always carry a pill case with my daytime medication (Wellbutrin). While in Chicago last year we went to the Museum of Contemporary Art Store and I found this adorable metal pill case that looks like, and opens like, a capsule. It's small, about a couple of inches long and easy to throw in a purse or a backpack. I don't see this pillbox on the MCA Store website, but do see it on the Exit9 website, under "capsule pill container".

Even with the pill box, I still sometimes manage to miss my day meds, because I don't take the pill as soon an I remember and eventually forget again. But the case certainly does help me more often take my medication as directed.

Bipolar Stats:

  • Level of Mania (on scale of 1 - 10, with 1=none, 10=practically levitating): 0
  • Level of Depression (on a scale of 1 - 10, with 1=none, 10=can't get out of bed):
  • Stable right now, but mood feels wobbly.
  • Medication Compliance (0 = not taking, 5=taking some, 10=taking all): 5 (not compliant with Wellbutrin for past few days)
I am recording my mania and depression bipolar data separately because I often have mixed episodes where manic and depressive symptoms occur at the same time.

This blog is for informational purposes only, it is not intended to be used for the treatment of mental illness. If you are having emotional troubles, please see a mental health professional, not a computer. 

3 comments:

  1. I know! Isn't it cute Shannon? Under $5 on that Exit 9 site. That was the only site I saw that had the exact same thing that I own. There is also a version of this pill case on a key ring, available on a few sites, if you search "capsule shaped pill case". I think that version is plastic. But, for me, I don't want a pill box clunking around on my key chain. This pill case would be a cute Christmas stocking stuffer gift for anyone who takes medications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing nice information about pill box cases for drugs capsule tablet with us. i glad to read this post.

    ReplyDelete