Friday, May 11, 2012

Bipolar Disorder + a Hobby That Brings You Joy = :)

Bipolar Disorder and Hobbies
I spent much of the day in my yard today tending the gardens. I have several; both flower gardens and veggie raised beds. Gardening is my warm weather passion. 

I always feel happy when I tend my garden. I am doing something with purpose. When tending the gardens, I can see the results of my efforts, while getting exercise and benefiting from the SAD dispelling sunshine. All good stuff. 

I think that it's important for a person with bipolar disorder to have some type of activity he or she is passionate about, something you can lose yourself in, whatever it is... pets, reading, crafts, athletics, art. When I garden, I become so absorbed that it is almost like mediating. It helps keep me sane.


Do you have a hobby or passion that helps you manage your bipolar? Leave a comment. Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment